Hiring: Delivery Driver and Ground Maintenance – Riverland Farm
2023 DELIVERY DRIVER AND GROUND MAINTENANCE
Our women-run organic farm is currently hiring energetic Delivery Drivers to help us with our daily deliveries to Western and Eastern MA. Successful candidates will have a background in hauling and dealing with automotive parts and will be able to regularly lift 50 pounds, usea a pallet jack (manual and electric) and drive a box truck or delivery van.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD TO BE CONSIDERED.
Scheduling as follows:
- Monday: 6 am – 3:30 pm
- Tuesday: 7 am – 12 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Thursday: 6 am – 3:30 pm
- Saturday: 7 am – 12 pm
This is a key position on the farm centered around wholesale deliveries to multiple locations in Western/Eastern Massachusetts and beyond. In addition to weekly delivery responsibilities this position will also involve some buildings and grounds maintenance and some other miscellaneous farm tasks. A person who is successful in this position is self-motivated, detail oriented, able to lift 50+ lbs, a good communicator and maintains a positive attitude with good mental and physical stamina.
Delivery Responsibilities include:
- Be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Know how to operate a vehicle and equipment safely.
- Have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Ensure cleanliness of delivery vehicle.
- Driving an automatic transmission 16’ Cabover Refrigerated Box Truck or other vehicle on short and long range deliveries.
- Ensuring that the truck is running smoothly and is refueled when required. Report any potential issues with the truck to Emily immediately.
- Making wholesale deliveries at different locations weekly – in Eastern Massachusetts and locally
- Operating hand and electric pallet jacks
- Hand loading and or re-stacking of pallets for delivery
- Hand or pallet jack unloading of deliveries
- Handling invoices for deliveries and making sure signed invoices from customers are accounted for and returned to farm office
- Checking inventory of packed orders against invoices to ensure all ordered items are accounted for
- Maintaining efficient and productive work in detail oriented tasks while primarily unsupervised
Buildings and Grounds Responsibilities include:
- Weekly mowing and weed whacking of farm property until mowing season ends
- Miscellaneous errands during or outside of delivery route – including pick up of packing supplies (wax boxes, pallets, etc) at different warehouse locations
- Miscellaneous farm maintenance and repair projects
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
TO APPLY – please send a resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org