Hiring: Delivery Driver – Just Roots
STATUS: PART TIME, HOURLY ($19/H)
WHO IS JUST ROOTS:
Just Roots is a social justice organization that builds equity, connection, health, pride and empowerment in our community and beyond through food-based programs and systems change. Our farm, programming and advocacy efforts connect people to food and one another. We do our work by
growing food; connecting people of all ages and life experiences with the land; running an all-income CSA (we’ve got the biggest SNAP-enrolled low-income CSA in the state!); cooking community meals; developing partnerships with schools, health insurance companies, legislators, health clinics and other resource agencies; researching the health outcomes of CSA participation and more. We build direct access, models, momentum and evidence for change in agricultural policy, food policy and social justice. We are a small but mighty farm-based organization with a goal to change the food system and bring more equity to the world.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Deliver Farm Share Boxes to member families’ doorsteps, ensuring that each member’s contents are professionally delivered, and outstanding quality is consistently provided.
REPORTS TO: Food Access and Equity Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● DELIVERY DRIVING:
○ Biweekly deliveries through the winter months ( Jan-May), two days per week: Wednesdays and Fridays. Weekly deliveries during the Summer (May- Oct), two to three days per week: Wednesdays,
Thursdays and Fridays.
○ Provide top notch customer service to our farm share members and have an interest and passion for developing strong interpersonal relationships with our customers
○ Communicate with Just Roots team about any member needs or notes from the delivery route
○ Drive shares between Greenfield to Springfield (and surrounding areas), safely and confidently.
○ Be a representative and ambassador of Just Roots as you meet customers during your deliveries
○ Maintain delivery trucks through adherence to safety checklists, ensure the vehicle is clean, and complete basic maintenance as needed (e.g., correct tire pressure). If any issues, incidents,
accidents or observations or truck problems occur, communicate clearly using Just Roots vehicle protocols when any truck issues need to be addressed.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and
cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org