Hiring: Delivery Driver – Siena Farms
Siena Farms is an award-winning, 75-acre market farm growing diversified produce on the fertile soils of the Sudbury River valley, twenty-five miles west of Boston. We distribute our produce through our 750-member, year-round CSA, the Copley Square Farmers’ Market, our two Boston farm stores, and area restaurants including family-owned Oleana, Sofra, and Sarma. We grow our produce using the traditionally-sustainable farming practices of modern, biological agriculture, free of chemical pesticides, herbicides, and synthetic fertilizers.
- To produce the largest quantity of the highest-quality food possible within the realities of our land base, markets, economics, time, and weather, using biologically responsible methods that give priority to the long-term health of our fields, farmers, and customers.
- To work as intelligently, efficiently, and safely as possible, to increase both our productivity and profitability, and to develop novel, successful production and marketing techniques that can serve as models for other farmers.
- To promote and refine the Siena Farms brand by delivering an exceptional product, providing great customer service, and strengthening our ties to the local community.
Our Work Culture
Fast-paced, attentive to detail, with one over-arching goal: appreciation. Farming is challenging at every hour of every season, but we know that at the end of the day we’re so lucky to be living the dream of working together to grow fresh, healthy food for customers who support and inspire us — and, of nurturing our beautiful farmland for future generations, to the best of our ability.
2016 Delivery Driver
We are looking for a reliable, hardworking, and experienced delivery driver to deliver our fresh produce to locations throughout Boston and the surrounding area. The delivery routine will involve the distribution of our CSA boxes to over 12 pick-up locations in Cambridge, Brookline, Boston, and neighboring areas; deliveries to our Siena Farms South End farm store and Siena Farms @ Boston Public Market; and area restaurants.
As a delivery driver for a fast-paced production farm growing produce for a high-end market, this position requires flexibility, attention to detail, and an excellent work ethic. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering in the Boston area as well as an interest in sustainable food and agriculture.
This position has the possibility for full OR part time work, year-round OR seasonal work, and is available immediately. The weekly schedule will be discussed in detail during the interview process; it will include some weekend hours and changes according to the farm’s harvest season. Compensation is hourly and commensurate with experience. Benefits include a weekly CSA vegetable share and staff discounts at our retail locations as well as Oleana, Sofra and Sarma.
- Experience driving box trucks and pick-up trucks.
- Clean driving record
- Experience navigating the streets of Boston
- Excellent work ethic
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to take direction as well as to operate independently
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Interest in sustainable agriculture
- Strong communication skills
If you think you may be a good fit for this position, please email a letter of interest and a resumé to Morgan Houk at firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you!