Hiring: Development Director – Berkshire Grown
Development Director, Berkshire Grown, Inc.
Berkshire Grown seeks an experienced fundraiser to join the team as Development Director. The Development Director will be a thought partner with the Executive Director and Board to envision immediate and long-term development strategies for the growing nonprofit organization. They will direct fundraising campaigns, identify and cultivate potential donors, develop a plan for major gift solicitation, and manage the grant application calendar and process.
The ideal candidate will be a curious and creative thinker responsible for developing, implementing and measuring a successful and comprehensive fundraising program to support the local food system in the Berkshires. They will be a team player with strong communication skills and an organized work style, with experience in managing several projects at once.
Berkshire Grown supports and promotes locally based agriculture as a vital part of a healthy Berkshire community, economy and landscape. We pursue this mission by increasing public awareness of eating locally and healthily through education and outreach; by advocating for sustainable agricultural practices and public policies; by establishing local food and farm networks that includes families facing food insecurity; and by promoting the growing and marketing of locally grown foods. Keep Farmers Farming! is our motto.
Long-range Strategizing for Fundraising and Organizational Development
• With Executive Director and Board committee, develop short, mid- and long-term fundraising strategies to support Berkshire Grown’s vision and mission; • With Executive Director, cultivate long-term relationships with high level donors; • Provide regular fundraising reports (across all areas of contributed income), analysis, and recommendations to Executive Director and Board Development Committee;
• Analyze and report on donor outreach, grant applications, and annual campaign activities;
• Analyze effectiveness and develop overall strategy of potential fundraising events and donor cultivation events.
• Manage schedule of grant writing and reporting and grant-related correspondence o Delegate grant writing and reporting to sub-contractor or staff • Research and investigate new funding sources including government grants, foundations, and donor-advised funds; • With appropriate Berkshire Grown staff, ensure proper recognition of grant awards on website, social media, press releases.
Donor Outreach and Management
• Work with the Executive Director and Board members to identify and connect with potential donors; • Respond to donor queries and keep Executive Director apprised; • Work with Office/ Membership Manager to create all contributed income reports and documentation.Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Characteristics • Inspiring, forward thinking, and collaborative thinker; • Familiarity with the Berkshire region and community, knowledge of our local food system issues a plus; • A minimum of three years of experience in fundraising for a not-for-profit organization highly preferred; • Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding fundraising goals for a not-for-profit organization; • Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects; • Strong organizational and communication skills; • Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and energy; • Strong computer skills including Microsoft office proficiency, familiarity with Little Green Light a plus; • Bachelor’s degree; • Commitment to the goals and mission of Berkshire Grown. NOTE: This job requires residence within or close to Berkshire County, MA.
While the Berkshire Grown staff follows a hybrid work model balancing in-office and work-from-home options, all staff members are expected to work as part of the team in the Great Barrington office at least 60% of their time.
Compensation This position will receive compensation in the range of $60,000 – $75,000 for a 30 hour work week, year-round. Benefits include paid time off, QSEHRA (Qualified Small Employer HRA) reimbursements, and a match of up to 3% contribution of wages contributed to SIMPLE IRA.
Please email a current resume and a cover letter describing your interest in joining the Berkshire Grown team, and specifically talk about how your experience as a Development professional makes you a strong candidate for this job. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the job posting will remain open until filled.
Send email to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Berkshire Grown is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about Berkshire Grown, go to www.berkshiregrown.org