Hiring: Dishwasher – Powisset Farm
If you enjoy working in a culinary environment with friendly people in an inclusive environment, this job is for you! We are looking for a talented, patient, reliable individual to join an amazing team at Powisset Farm in Dover, to support our children’s cooking class programs. Additional opportunities to support evening and weekend programming may also be available.
The full-time seasonal dishwasher will work Monday-Friday from 9AM-3:45PM from June 20-August 19.
Two days of mandatory training are required on June 14 and June 15. The position reports to the Camp Director and Kitchen Instructor.
In This Role You Will:
- Perform dish-washing duties in accordance with current applicable Health Department regulations, policies, and procedures
- Dispose of all food waste, trash and recyclables in accordance with established Health Department regulations
- Empty and clean all kitchen garbage and recyclable barrels
- Sweep and mop kitchen and classroom floors
- Wipe down refrigerator, ice maker and under equipment
- Clean kitchen equipment, tables and countertops
- Clean all kitchen sinks
- Do laundry using the farm’s washing machine and dryer, as needed
- Follow the schedule for cooking classes throughout the day, to ensure kitchen is clean and ready for each class
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Enjoy working with the public, especially children and families
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Committed to the mission of the Trustees
- Background check required
- Ability to lift 40 pounds required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time while working
About Powisset Farm
Historic Powisset Farm in Dover, MA is a 109-acre organic vegetable CSA farm, owned and managed by The Trustees, a member-supported nonprofit conservation organization. The farm also grows livestock for a meat CSA program and has an onsite retail farm store. Powisset Farm offers extensive public programming and events, farm and nature based experiential education, STEM and STEAM afterschool programs, and a children’s summer day camp. Farm to table culinary programs include cooking classes for adults, children and teens in the farm’s large teaching kitchen and at the outdoor brick oven, family farm dinners, adults-only date-night dinners, and intimate chef’s table dinners. The Farm hosts regular weekend food and farm-based gatherings and happenings for all seasons, guided hikes and much more. Private events and classes are available on a limited basis upon request.
To prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, The Trustees of Reservations requires that all successful applicants show proof of full vaccination by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted. Applicants who believe they need an accommodation of this policy because of a disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or otherwise should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information on your application materials.
About The Trustees
The Trustees is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care. We are funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 70,000 member households.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.