Hiring: Distribution Driver/Offsite Distribution Attendant – Riverland Farm
Riverland Farm in Western Massachusetts is an established 35 acre diversified vegetable operation marketing through a robust CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program as well as several wholesale accounts. Our Certified Organic farm is seeking highly motivated and eager individuals to fill key positions for the 2016 season. Please send resume detailing any relevant experience, employment references, and which position you are applying for to Rob Lynch at email@example.com
We strongly prefer applicants with prior farm experience.
Runs June 1st – Nov 2nd (there may be additional part time work on the farm available)
- Driving an automatic transmission 16’ Cabover Box Truck to Eastern Massachusetts every Wednesday morning and return to the farm Wednesday night
- Making multiple delivery stops on the South Shore of MA while keeping an eye on the clock to ensure all deliveries are made in full and on time.
- Setting up, staffing, and breaking down a remote CSA distribution in Eastern Massachusetts.
- Engaging with CSA members and wholesale customers
- Experience with vegetables helpful so that you can help members with using their share (how it is grown, why it might be different then what they are used to, what is happening in the field, recipes or resources for recipes and putting food up.)
- Ensuring that truck is running smoothly and is refueled when required. Report any potential issues with the truck to farm owners immediately.
- Communicating messages from the farm to our CSA distribution coordinators in Eastern Massachusetts.
- Making wholesale deliveries at different locations weekly.
- Typical hours are Wednesdays 7:30 am – 9 pm (depending on traffic)
- Applicant must have some experience driving a box truck and be able to easily back it up to a loading dock.
- Prior delivery experience dealing with invoices and customers is a plus
- Ideal candidate for this position has driven trucks of this type consistently, is very responsible, and is able to carry out detail oriented tasks with little supervision.
- Experience with a pallet jack is a plus
- Pay starts at $12/hr
On farm housing is not available but there are ample rental possibilities in the surrounding area. Situated in the Connecticut River Valley, the farm is 10 minutes from Amherst, MA and 20 minutes from Northampton, MA. Nature and nightlife are close by. We are lucky enough to be growing on some of the best vegetable soil in the country. Come farm with us.