Hiring: Driver/Warehouse Crew Position – Myers Produce
Employer: Myers Produce
Position: Driver/Warehouse Crew Position
Myers Produce is a produce distribution company, transporting fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, and grains from farms in Western MA and Vermont to wholesale customers in NYC and the Greater Boston Area. We are currently hiring for a part-time position as both a Driver and a member of our Warehouse Crew.
Our delivery routes involve driving a 22-ft box truck from our warehouse in Hadley to destinations in NYC, Boston, and Vermont. Our warehouse shifts involve working with a crew of 3-4 people to label and palletize boxes for trucks headed out on delivery that same day and the following day. This position would include one weekly route into NYC plus two weekly warehouse shifts. The approximate hours are listed below.
Compensation : $18/hr
Schedule (approximate times) :
- Wednesday Warehouse Shift : 6am – 12pm
- Saturday Warehouse Shift : 8am – 2pm
- Sunday OV Route: 11pm Sunday – 9am Monday
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has experience driving a 20-ft (or larger) box truck in urban areas
- Is observant, has excellent attention to detail
- Understands how critical their role is to Myers Produce
- Adapts well to the changes and surprises that are inevitable in our line of work
- Likes physical work, is able to lift 40-50 lb boxes
- Is interested in our mission
- Has a smart phone (not required, but it’s helpful).
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- CDL is welcome but not required
To apply for this position, please email an up-to-date resume, a brief letter expressing your interest and availability, and the name and contact information for at least one reference from your current or recent employment to Annie at email@example.com.