Hiring: farm help – Carrot Corner Farm
Carrot Corner Farm will be a new farm tucked into a residential neighborhood in North Amherst, practicing no-till farming for mostly organic produce. Starting on one acre of cleared land that is the remains of a much larger farm with roots going back over a century, and we are hopeful the soil will grow a rich bounty of food to feed our neighbors. We are looking for part to full-time (20-40 hrs/ week) help in setting up our initial fields and experimenting with different crops in our first year of production, as well as establishing a farm stand.
– Dependable and available 20 – 40 hrs / week from April through October
– 1 – 2 years farming experience
– Able to do physical labor outdoors for several hours per day through the growing season
– Able to lift 50 lbs
– Valid drivers license
– Enthusiasm to help start a new small farm
What we offer:
– Starting salary of $14-$16 / hr depending on experience
– Workers comp
– $250 / month contribution towards health insurance
– Paid vacation time
– Nice spot to farm in the heart of N. Amherst
To apply or for questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.