Hiring: Farm Intern – Round the Bend Farm
2019 Seasonal Position
Round the Bend Farm (RTB), A Center for Restorative Community, located at 92 Allens Neck Road in
Dartmouth, MA, is seeking a Farm Intern to join the farm community as a full-time, seasonal employee from May 2019 till November 1, 2019 (start and end dates are flexible) . We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual- someone who is passionate about RTB’s mission, local food systems, sustainable agriculture, plant-based foods, and social & environmental justice. The Farm Intern will be expected to participate in the overall mission of RTB, and to keep farm work happening at an efficient pace. This position offers an Intern the unique ability to experience different aspects of farm living and working (including but not limited to the following: permaculture, annual food production and harvesting, animal husbandry, farm management and homesteading chores), along with RTB education initiatives as an educational non-profit. RTB can offer this Intern the following: 1) full room and board provided on site; 2) a learning environment that is focused on sustainable living, a diversity of skills, and education; and 3) a stipend to be determined based on applicant.
The ideal candidate is a hardworking self-starter and finisher who is open to new ideas, comfortable
working with their hands and passionate about local foods and farming. Ideally, we are looking for
someone who will contribute and thrive in a communal living situation and has done so previously.
In addition, we would like the Farm Intern to have past experience working or volunteering on a
farm and/or related non-profit organization.
Qualifications required are:
● A strong desire to learn and work with vegetables, perennials, animals and with processing/
preparing food & meals
● Highly organized, energetic, strong work ethic, enjoys physical labor
● Desire to respect and care for soil and animals (humans included)
● Desire to participate in local, vibrant community
● Dependable, tidy, flexible, open-minded and self-aware
● Excellent communication skills, with the ability to accept direction and guidance
● Ability to work with a diverse group of people
● Ability to work outdoors (in all conditions) for long hours
● A good sense of humor and a “can-do” attitude
● Must have a valid driver’s license
● Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
92 Allens Neck Road, Dartmouth, MA 02748 | 508.938.5127 | www.roundthebendfarm.org
Note: Preference will be given to candidates who have an active interest in environmental and social justice issues pertaining to both local and global food systems.
Compensation includes a monthly stipend of $800, private housing (in a tiny house), and shared kitchen/dining/library space with internet access and laundry facility. In addition, this position will offer a hands-on, experiential education experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume (with references) to Desa Van Laarhoven by April 5, 2019, via email (preferred) at email@example.com , or via snail mail at:
Round the Bend Farm (RTB)
92 Allens Neck Road
South Dartmouth, MA 02748