Hiring: Farm Store Cashier – Simple Gifts Farm
Overview: The Farm Store Cashier will work in the store during business hours and be responsible for all operations of the store during their time slot, including restocking, POS operation, receiving deliveries, and providing excellent customer service to the public.
The ideal applicant will have experience in agriculture, customer service, and retail sales, familiarity with fresh produce, strong communication skills, computer literacy, a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Excellent people skills are a must: friendliness, patience, and a desire to engage and educate customers about our produce. On-farm work experience and creative skills such as sign making are also desired. Applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods. Preferred flexible year-round availability. Job will consist of approx. 30-35 hours per week, mostly afternoons and evenings.
Starting at minimum wage with the benefits of weekly tips and discounted produce.
|Specific Responsibilities of Farm Store Cashier
* Maintain beautiful and bountiful product displays.
* Collaborate with Harvest Manager, Farmstand Manager and other Farm staff to keep inventory of produce from Simple Gifts and other farms well-stocked in farm store walk-in cooler and on display.
* Keep stock of all produce and other products abundantly displayed.
* Receive delivery of product.
* Customer Service
* Always maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the store.
* Provide knowledgeable advice on the uses, benefits, and features of products in store, especially the produce.
* Cleaning and store maintenance
* Complete regular cleaning tasks to keep the store environment beautiful, clean and safe.
* Keep signs and prices updated on displays.
* Store Operations
* Open and/or close store, including opening or closing cash register.SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER AND REFERENCES TO STOREMANAGER@SIMPLEGIFTSCSA.COM