Hiring: Farm Worker – Beetlebung Farm
Farm Crew Member
The Farm: Located on Martha’s Vineyard, Beetlebung Farm is a historic farm producing vegetables, herbs and berries on a 5 acre property. The farm uses regenerative practices and organic methods to grow consistent, quality produce for its community.
Position Description: We’re seeking a farm crew member to be an integral part of our field crew for the duration of the 2019 growing season. Field tasks are mostly done by hand and will include weeding, irrigating, cultivating, harvesting, washing and general field maintenance. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn, a good team player and willing to work hard to get the task done and to have fun doing it.
Farm Crew Member Responsibilities:
- Post harvest handling: washing, sorting, packing, delivering
- Fieldwork: planting, weeding, mulching, maintenance and more
- Stocking and upkeep of our farm stand
- Help with farmers markets, and occasional on-farm events
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years experience working on a producing farm
- Ability to hustle and to thrive under pressure
- Physically capable of all farm labor tasks (comfortably lift 50 lbs)
- Excellent work ethic; passionate about farming
- Comfortable working collaboratively and independently
- Valid driver’s license
We’re looking for someone to start in September and work through the fall. Housing will be provided on the farm, with additional compensation based on experience. If you are interested in joining the Beetlebung Farm team, email us your resume, cover letter, and references with contact information to email@example.com.