Hiring: Farmers’ Market Position – Sage Meadow Farm
Sage Meadow Farm is a small goat dairy in Easthampton, and we specialize in artisan handmade goat milk soap, lotions, and other goat milk body-care products.
Seeking part-time help running a table at farmer’s markets and craft fairs for the 2021 season. Approximately 7- 15 hours per week.
Currently, we will be in two farmers markets, Easthampton, every Sunday 9 – 3, and Northampton every-other Tuesday, 12 – 7. (Candidate may choose to work one or both.) There is a possibility for an additional market opportunity. There may also be optional additional shifts at various craft fairs and shows throughout the 2021 season. This is a seasonal position which begins late April and runs through November, with the possibility to extend into craft fairs/shows in December.
The pay for this position is $14/hour. There is also a $250 bonus for excellent attendance and season completion, paid at the end of the season in November!
The position requires the following:
- A friendly and outgoing individual who will be the face of our farm at these markets, events, and shows.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- A valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record, and insurance are a must. Position requires driving a small van to the various venues.
- Must be able to perform some lifting (up to 40lbs), set up tent, and stage products according to instructions – then to reverse this process and reload the van. Restocking the van may also be an added to this position.
- Trustworthiness is a must, as this position requires the handling of cash and credit card payments. Candidate needs a smart phone to accept payments via smartphone AP, and a familiarity with Venmo would be helpful.
- Must be willing to adhere to strict Covid safety guidelines for as long as the guidelines remain in place (mask, gloves, sanitizer, etc.).
Sage Meadow Farm (and its employees) does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or military status.
How to Apply: Contact Stan McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.