Hiring: Field Crew – Gaining Ground Farm
Gaining Ground is a 3 acre non-profit, no-till, organic farm in Concord, MA that grows produce for 13 hunger relief organizations alongside community volunteers. In the 2019 growing season we grew over 125,00 pounds of produce with the help of 2,500 volunteers, supplying 750 food-insecure households each week in the Greater Boston region.
Gaining Ground uses regenerative practices centering around soil health and fertility and creating diversity on the farm. The farm has been recognized for innovative bio-intensive farming practices and is part of no- till studies led by NOFA, MDAR and USDA/NRCS, testing the soil health and nutrients of our produce.
We are hiring full-time field crew members for the 2020 season.
2 Field Crew Members: May through September (precise start and end dates flexible)
40 hours per week
5 day work week, Monday – Friday, 1 Sunday/month for weekend chores (schedule subject to change and could include more weekend work)
Farming experience preferred
- Work directly with farm managers and other field crew members
- Implement all aspects of the farm including: greenhouse work, field preparations, soil fertility, irrigation, cover cropping, planting, cultivating, harvesting, distribution to recipients
- Manage wash station for a week period at a time
- Lead and work alongside volunteers of all ages and abilities on a daily basis
- Lead a free farmer’s market for a recipient partner 1x per month
- Watering/Farm chores 1 Sunday per month
- Interest in or experience with no-till farming practices
- Ability to work independently, as well as with farm managers and other members of a small team
- Ability to lead and work alongside volunteers on a daily basis
- Comfortable interacting with an active board of directors and engaging with recipient groups
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds and perform repetitive physical tasks in all types of weather conditions (heat, rain etc.)
- Organized, punctual and attentive to detail
- Self motivated and curious to learn and develop farming methods
- Quality, speed and efficiency is important
Salary is $14 per hour. Visit https://gainingground.org/were-hiring-2020-field-crew-positions/ for the full job description.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and employment references to email@example.com.