Hiring: Field Crew – Gaining Ground Farm
Field Crew at Non-profit Organic Farm:
Gaining Ground Farm is looking for field crew members for the 2019 growing season. Gaining Ground is a 3 acre non-profit, no-till, organic farm in Concord, MA that grows produce for hunger relief organizations with the help of volunteers.
Gaining Ground grows over 90,000 pounds of produce, donating to 13 hunger relief organizations in the greater Boston area, with the help of 2,500 volunteers. Our focus is growing nutrient dense produce through soil fertility with the use of appropriate technology, hand tools and low till/bio-intensive farming practices. The job is fast-paced, high energy and highly rewarding.
Full Time, Seasonal: July- TBD
Salary Based on experience, competitive.
- Work directly with farm managers and other field crew members implementing all aspects of the farm including; greenhouse work, field preparations, soil fertility, irrigation, cover cropping, planting, cultivating, harvesting, distribution to recipients.
- Provide informal education about organic farming to visitors and volunteer groups
- Lead volunteers of all ages and abilities
- 1 year of farm experience.
- Interest in no-till farming practices.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with farm managers and other members of a small team.
- Ability to lead and work with volunteers.
- Comfortable interacting with active board and food pantry staffs.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and perform repetitive physical tasks in all types of weather conditions.
- Organized, punctual and attentive to detail.
To apply email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.