Hiring: Field Manager- Whippoorwill Farm
Full Time Seasonal: (April thru November 2022)
The Field Manager will work in conjunction with our Farm Manager and Farm Crew to execute an organic vegetable production plan on two acres of minimal-till farmland. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, hardworking and dedicated, have a passion for working with regenerative organic systems, and possess strong communication and leadership skills. Position runs early April thru November. 40 hours per week, 7 to 4 daily with flexible days off.
Lead our farm crew in overseeing all aspects of vegetable production from start to finish, including propagation, soil and bed preparation, planting, irrigation, maintenance and harvesting of vegetables, washing, packing, and delivery. Assist with crop planning for succession, cover cropping, compost management, soil testing and amending, pest and disease management, weekly record keeping and more.
- 2 to 4 years vegetable production experience,
- 1 to 2 years management experience helpful.
- Positive attitude, problem solver, strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well with others and lead a small crew
- Safely operate tools and farm machinery
- Valid US drivers license, reliable transportation
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in our online application here, or submit a letter of interest, resume and work references to email@example.com