Hiring: Field Supervisor – McKinstry’s Market Garden
McKinstry Market Garden Inc. is looking for an experienced agricultural professional to join our diverse local farm crew as a Field Supervisor. In this position we expect you to function as part of our team as well as operate individually. Your responsibility will include supervising and motivating the farm crew in all aspects of the farming process to include planting, field maintenance, crop harvesting and washing across our 200+ acres located in three different locations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in various farming techniques to include irrigation, fertilization, and field maintenance.
The supervisor will be responsible for scheduling maintenance of farm equipment, ordering, and managing crews . Some knowledge of equipment maintenance is preferred. Weekend hours will be required.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Farm experience preferably in leadership role
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Physical stamina with ability to lift and push 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Knowledge of crop trends
- Experience operating different vehicles to include tractors and various trucks.
This is a full-time seasonal position starting at $16.00 hour with opportunity to increase wage.
Please send letter of interest as well as resume to Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org