Hiring: Full Time Field Position and Washroom Assistant – Riverland Farm
Riverland Farm in Western Massachusetts is an established 35 acre diversified vegetable operation marketing through a robust CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program as well as several wholesale accounts. Our Certified Organic farm is seeking highly motivated and eager individuals to fill key positions for the 2016 season. Please send resume detailing any relevant experience, employment references, and which position you are applying for to Rob Lynch at email@example.com
We strongly prefer applicants with prior farm experience.
Runs March 28th – Nov 21st with possibility to continue into December
- Assisting the washroom manager with washing, processing, and packing all farm produce in our modern and mechanized pack house.
- Keeping quality control, cleanliness, and food safety a priority in all work activities
- In addition to washroom responsibilities the employee in this position will be exposed to and responsible for all aspects of field and greenhouse work.
- This includes but is not limited to transplant production, transplanting by machine and by hand, hoeing, hand weeding, managing row cover, harvesting, and operating farm vehicles.
- Other specific responsibilities such as field record keeping and harvest set up may also be assigned to this employee.
- Pay starts at $10/hr