Hiring: Greenhouse Assistant – Rainbow Harvest Farm
Rainbow Harvest Farm is seeking a Greenhouse Assistant to assist with production and sale of vegetable, herb, flower and ornamental plants for our local customers.
The Greenhouse Assistant is responsible for seeding, labeling, and potting up vegetable, herb, and ornamental plants and preparing orders for customer pick up. The right candidate will be comfortable working solo and must have excellent observation and communication skills, a good sense of humor, positive attitude, and be eager to learn. Pay is commensurate with experience (starting at $15-16/hour). Part-time, seasonal, flexible hours through June with the possibility for other farm/market related work after that time period. If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
- Mixing soil and filling trays and pots
- Seeding and transplanting
- Monitoring and maintaining plant health and communicating any issues promptly
- Communicating with plant customers via phone/text
- Preparing plant orders for pickup/delivery
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work area in and around the greenhouses
- Other related responsibilities not defined here.
- Passion for plants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well organized
- Positive attitude
- Detail oriented
- Efficient at completing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift 50# repeatedly and safely maneuver heavy objects (bags of soil, boxes of pots/trays, etc).
- Creative problem solver
- Experience growing common vegetables, herb, and flower plants preferred.
- Prior greenhouse experience preferred but not necessary.