Hiring: Greenhouse Crew – Red Fire Fam
The greenhouse is where it all begins! We’re looking for a detail oriented, hard working person to work in Red Fire Farm’s greenhouses in Montague. The season starts mid-February and runs through August with potential to stay on in other areas of the farm, such as harvesting or packing.
- Seed vegetable and flower starts and assist with greenhouse care
- Propagation, transplanting, and general care of greenhouse plants
- Watering and venting greenhouse (includes weekend work rotations)
- Loading and unloading of trucks with bedding plants during market season
- Pruning and trellising of our early greenhouse tomatoes
- Assist with greenhouse and vegetable farm activities as needed
- Assist with the building of caterpillar houses throughout the growing season.
Schedule & Hours: Early on in the season the hours are 8 am – 5 pm, (changing to 7 am – 6 pm during peak season), Monday through Friday, with a one-hour lunch. Rotating weekend work is required. We anticipate the average of 40-50 hours per week, more hours in peak growing season (up to 60+), less in late winter and early spring.
Due to the nature of farming, all farm employees are expected to be available to work on the holidays that occur during the active farming season, and to be flexible with the length of work days during the peak season.
Job Type: Full-time seasonal (Agricultural labor is not eligible for over time.)
- All the fresh organic produce you can eat!
(We currently do not offer commercial health insurance; some of our employees are covered through the MA Health Connector.)
- Plenty of fresh air and exercise.
- Opportunity to advance and build on your skills; including language practice.
- An open and friendly working environment where your feedback is welcomed.
Location: 184 Meadow Rd, Montague, MA 01351
To Apply: Please send a letter of interest as well as your simple resume and three relevant work references with contact info to email@example.com.