Hiring: Manifest Love Farmer – Round the Bend Farm
Manifest Love Farmer Job Posting
Round the Bend Farm (RTB), a Center for Restorative Community, is located in South Dartmouth,
Massachusetts and is a 115-acre working farm and educational non-profit. Our non-profit mission:
We are a living laboratory that cultivates, educates, and empowers people of all ages. We are
devoted to the global paradigm shift toward hope and abundance by valuing diversity,
modeling nature, and redefining wealth. RTB is seeking an experienced, passionate, and
motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Farmer for our Manifest Love project. We are
accepting applications until FEBRUARY 3, 2023. Anticipated start date of employment is late
March/early April 2023.
As our ML Farmer, this position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual- someone who
is passionate about RTB’s mission, local food systems, and plant-based foods. This employee will
work closely with our Manifest Love team in all aspects relating to vegetable production and land
management for our Manifest Love project. The ML Farmer will be expected to keep farm work
happening at an efficient pace. It is expected that this employee will participate in the overall
mission of RTB.
Manifest Love – a collaboration between RTB, YWCA Southeastern MA, Youth Opportunities
Unlimited (Y.O.U.) and NorthStar Learning Centers – is a free weekly food share for approximately 100
families in New Bedford. Share contents are grown on approximately 3 acres at RTB and occasionally
gleaned from nearby farms.
At RTB, we use a synthetics-free farming philosophy, rooted in regenerative relationships and a
mix of biodynamic, permaculture and soil remineralization practices. We emphasize sustainability,
natural relationships, ecological vibrancy and working in ways that mirror our mission of valuing
diversity, modeling nature and redefining wealth.
Working alongside the Manifest Love farm team in a daily capacity — and in concert with our
extended RTB team and volunteers – this position will be involved with all aspects of growing &
harvesting agricultural produce for our Manifest Love program. Duties may include, but are not
limited to the following: seed sowing, greenhouse and nursery care, soil & field preparation,
transplanting, weeding and cultivation, perennial and tree care, harvesting, seed saving,
92 Allens Neck Road | South Dartmouth, MA 02748 | 508.938.5127 | www.roundthebendfarm.org
propagation, food storage, food processing, and preparation (harvesting, washing, bagging) for
distribution of Manifest Love food shares. Winter tasks may include, but are not limited to: food
processing, supporting education initiatives for the Manifest Love program, and various duties
that support the multifaceted nature of our non-profit organization.
While not a primary focus, this position will at times (when needed) act as a liaison with the RTB
educational team to support in providing tours, demonstrations, direction and educational
contexts for our agricultural work to visiting students and the general public.
To a great degree, the above work will be performed outdoors (directly in the garden systems);
however, this position may also include participation in shared community cooking, post-harvest
processing & preservation, monthly Open Farm Days, and occasional support of other farm
projects as needed.
This work will be physically demanding and challenging, but also grounding, nourishing and
rewarding. We aim for a 40-hour per week commitment, however natural variations in seasonal
workload and conditions will require openness and flexibility around work hours in the high
season, and some days may run longer than others.
As an organization that strives to value diversity in all that we do (it’s even part of our mission!), we
take extra care and place extra value in continuing to diversify our team.
Candidate preferences include the following:
● Some agricultural production experience (apprenticeship/internship or relevant farming/
gardening exposure), or a quick learner that demonstrates sufficient motivation
● Commitment to working in the scope of RTB’s mission (preference may be given to those
who have an active interest in environmental and social justice issues pertaining to both
local and global food systems).
● Desire to respect & care for the health of soil, plants, animals and humans
● Desire to participate in and build local, vibrant community
● Persevering work ethic and ability to complete directed tasks in a timely, efficient fashion
● Focused attention to detail and quality
● Personal maturity, mindful self-awareness, dependability and flexibility
● Ability to work outdoors for long hours and in all kinds of conditions
● Ability to work both independently and in groups
● Openness to communication, with the ability to accept direction and guidance and ask
questions when unclear
● Comfort giving or relaying instructions to others (students, volunteers, teammates) when
● Proficiency in (or a willingness to learn) the use of certain tools/farm equipment (harvest
knives, shovels, row covers, drip lines, cultivation tools)
● Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as hand weeding and bagging of certain crops
● Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
● Open mind, open heart and an open palate… we will be eating well!
● Experience in a communal living situation for those who may be interested in potential RTB
housing (optional and not guaranteed)
● Salary is $32,100.00 plus full-time benefits with potential for additional (optional) event-time
pay outside of normal work hours;
● Full-time employee benefits include worker’s compensation, employee retirement plan,
health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation days, wellness days and select holidays;
● Daily meals crafted from delicious, vibrant, farm produce (during work hours);
● RTB may provide room & board and internet access. Housing may include a private place to
sleep (in a tiny house) and a shared kitchen/dining/library space with laundry facilities
available. (Please note: This job is not contingent upon living on the farm. Additional
responsibilities to contribute to the community are required if a candidate decides to live on
the farm. Please inquire if you are interested.)
● RTB supports healing, self-care and celebrations in a variety of ways, including bi-annual
massages, use of RTB holistic medicinal practices (like herbal tinctures and our BioMat), team
birthday celebrations and sporadic local beach excursions;
● Hands-on learning environment focused on all aspects of sustainable living;
● Buzzards Bay breezes, South Coast sunsets, and stargazing/moon views from goat rock.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the RTB Candidate Questionnaire (https://forms.gle/FKqisZmitG9o4MhG8) and
send a letter of interest telling us about yourself and detailing your motivations and qualifications
for this position, along with a brief resume and two professional references by February 3, 2023.
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please
let us know. Also, please feel free to note in your application which pronouns you prefer (For
example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Please send materials via email (preferred) to email@example.com or via snail mail at:
Round the Bend Farm (RTB)
92 Allens Neck Road
South Dartmouth, MA 02748
Attn: Heather Zine