Hiring: Multiple Positions – Old Friends Farm
Join us! Interested in working on a small-ish, diversified farm? We have still interviewing for 2016 positions.
FULL TIME FARM WORKER POSITION
- Monday – Friday
- Principle arenas: Salad Processing (1 day/week), Part of Irrigation Team, Fieldwork including Harvest
- May 2- Dec 2
PART TIME WORKER POSITIONS
Monday, Friday, Saturday Position:
- June 6- Sept 30
- Harvest and Fieldwork
- Saturdays (as needed) for Sunflower harvest, packing & delivery.
- Experience with harvest/farm work preferred.
- Able to work under leadership as well as independently and as a two-person team.
- Must be comfortable with driving a small box truck for Saturday position and have excellent driving record.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Position:
- April 11- Oct 29
- Greenhouse work and Salad Processing (Packing)
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills and fast hands.
- Clear communication a must. Ability to keep track of various details simultaneously.
- Numbers oriented and good spacial skills helpful.
Details & Compensation:
- Pay is commensurable with applicant’s experience and skill set.
- Workers must work the complete time commitment.
- Full time positions have the option of taking five days off during the season, unpaid. Employees cannot take their week off together.
- We do not offer housing for any position.
- We offer workers compensation.
- There are many farm perks, including delicious salads, veggies and flowers, as well as a fun and productive work experience!
Our farm thrives on a sustainable work model. If you love farming, working hard, being on a high quality/high production farm, being part of a dynamic and fun team of people, and also having time to enjoy your non-farm life, our farm may be a good fit for you. We want to cultivate ‘farmers for life’, and have no interest in having a farm that only can exist by having its workers give up their lives for its success. That isn’t sustainable farming to us! All of our full time workers work 40-45 hour weeks and can rely on work day hours starting and ending on-time.
Interested applicants for full time positions should be enthusiastic about local organic agriculture, have a minimum of two complete growing seasons of farming experience, be energetic, be able to work outdoors in any weather condition, be self-motivated, work well with a crew and independently, and have excellent quality control while working quickly and efficiently. Must be trustworthy, reliable and responsible.
Please contact Missy and Casey with a resume and letter of interest to apply.