Hiring: Multiple Positions – Old Friends Farm
Join us! Interested in working on a small-ish, diversified farm? We have still interviewing for 2016 positions.
FULL TIME FARM WORKER POSITION
- Monday – Friday
- Principle arenas: Salad Processing (1 day/week), Part of Irrigation Team, Fieldwork including Harvest
- May 2- Dec 2
PART TIME WORKER POSITIONS
Monday, Friday, Saturday Position:
- June 6- Sept 30
- Harvest and Fieldwork
- Saturdays (as needed) for Sunflower harvest, packing & delivery.
- Experience with harvest/farm work preferred.
- Able to work under leadership as well as independently and as a two-person team.
- Must be comfortable with driving a small box truck for Saturday position and have excellent driving record.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Position:
- April 11- Oct 29
- Greenhouse work and Salad Processing (Packing)
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills and fast hands.
- Clear communication a must. Ability to keep track of various details simultaneously.
- Numbers oriented and good spacial skills helpful.
Details & Compensation:
- Pay is commensurable with applicant’s experience and skill set.
- Workers must work the complete time commitment.
- Full time positions have the option of taking five days off during the season, unpaid. Employees cannot take their week off together.
- We do not offer housing for any position.
- We offer workers compensation.
- There are many farm perks, including delicious salads, veggies and flowers, as well as a fun and productive work experience!
Our farm thrives on a sustainable work model. If you love farming, working hard, being on a high quality/high production farm, being part of a dynamic and fun team of people, and also having time to enjoy your non-farm life, our farm may be a good fit for you. We want to cultivate ‘farmers for life’, and have no interest in having a farm that only can exist by having its workers give up their lives for its success. That isn’t sustainable farming to us! All of our full time workers work 40-45 hour weeks and can rely on work day hours starting and ending on-time.
Our workers are a vital part of the whole system of the farm. Check out our Philosophy and our Holistic Goal more information on our holistic approach.
Interested applicants for full time positions should be enthusiastic about local organic agriculture, have a minimum of two complete growing seasons of farming experience, be energetic, be able to work outdoors in any weather condition, be self-motivated, work well with a crew and independently, and have excellent quality control while working quickly and efficiently. Must be trustworthy, reliable and responsible.
Please contact Missy and Casey with a resume and letter of interest to apply.