Hiring: Operations & Food Safety Manager – Farm Fresh RI
Operations & Food Safety Manager
This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Program Director for Food System Enterprise (FSE). Salary Starting at $42,000, with excellent benefits.
Summary of the Position:
The Operations and Food Safety Manager, under the management from the Program Director for Food System Enterprise, will oversee the activities of Farm Fresh RI’s fleet of three trucks and packhouse – a 4,000 square foot facility that includes cold storage for produce and food products, cleaning and sanitation, and long-term storage for inventory. The position will also manage a team of drivers, receivers and packers who make the work in the packhouse possible. This position is responsible for all systems, vehicles and equipment – this includes managing service contracts, scheduling routine maintenance and keeping existing equipment in good working condition as well as other related duties. This position will be responsible for food safety compliance, planning, and supporting adherence to regulatory guidelines, while assuring smooth daily operations. The position will manage and oversee the training and professional development for Food System Enterprise Packhouse Associates, interns and volunteers.
This is a hands-on position with the expectation that this position will jump in where it is needed to best optimize operations and support other team members. That could mean being out on the road driving, in the packhouse assisting with receiving or helping to manage early morning packing as examples.
- 3-5 years management experience
- A leader who is able to build and train a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food safety & handling.
- Experience with maintaining regulation compliance systems.
- Confidence working in a technology driven environment.
- Professional and practical communications skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to think, react, iterate and redirect in a fast-paced environment.
- Outcomes-oriented project management skills and follow-through.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. There will be regular early mornings shifts. Evenings and occasional weekends will be required depending on the season.
- Ability to lift 50lbs to a height of 3-4 feet.
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
- Please send cover letter and resume to Jesse Rye at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline: March 15th. Interviews to start March 12th.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability status in employment or programming.