Hiring: Organizer – Massachusetts Food System Collaborative
The Massachusetts Food System Collaborative is seeking an organizer to join our team. This organizer will work to build on the Collaborative’s successes by broadening the base of individuals and organizations advocating for state policy change that supports an equitable, sustainable, and resilient local food system. They will build a diverse network of engaged leaders in local organizations that recognize the connections between food and other issues. And they will focus on developing relationships with and building the capacity of allies in non-food system sectors.
We are seeking candidates with:
– experience as an organizer on issues related to social, racial, or economic injustice;
– experience using an equity lens in their work;
– alignment with the Collaborative’s mission and values;
– an understanding of advocacy principles and the public policy-making process;
– strong written and verbal communication skills;
– and other qualifications as described in the full description.
Candidates must live in Massachusetts. The salary for this full-time position is $58,500/yr. plus generous benefits.
Full job description and application instructions here. Deadline: January 31.