Hiring: Outreach and Engagement Coordinator – MA Food System Collaborative
Position: Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Director
Hours: 30 weekly
Term: 1 year, with potential for continuation depending upon funding availability.
Location: Remote, in Massachusetts
Start date: October 1, 2017
About the MA Food System Collaborative
The MA Food System Collaborative was established in 2016 to promote, monitor, and facilitate implementation of the MA Local Food Action Plan. The Plan is a comprehensive set of recommendations toward a sustainable, equitable food system for the Commonwealth. The Collaborative works to encourage progress toward the goals of the Plan through education, networking, and advocacy. Learn more about the Collaborative at www.mafoodsystem.org.
The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will work with the Director to engage community organizations around the state in efforts toward the goals of the Plan, will document progress being made by public and private stakeholders, and will provide communications and logistics support where needed.
- Identify and build relationships with community organizations and other stakeholders (CDCs, local food policy councils, business associations) throughout Massachusetts.
- Engage organizations in activities and actions related to the Collaborative’s projects.
- Educate organizations about the food system and the MA Local Food Action Plan.
- With Director, develop strategies and related written and online materials as needed for this engagement.
- Identify and research examples of organizations, individuals, projects, and programs working toward the goals of the Plan.
- Document progress being made toward the goals of the Plan through compelling narratives for newsletter, social media and other publications.
- Work with director on developing written and online materials for specific campaign strategies and for general outreach.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating regional and statewide meetings and events.
- Attend regular project and governance meetings, in person and on the phone.
- Other duties, as needed.
- At least two years of work experience in policy, advocacy, or organizing setting.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and quickly.
- Experience working in diverse communities.
- Flexible schedule (occasional evening meetings may be required).
- Ability to travel throughout state, as needed.
- Interest in food, agriculture, and systemic change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- Experience in/comfort with CMS systems a plus.
- Publication design experience a plus.
- Photography experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, maturity, and a sense of humor.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2017.