Hiring: part-time Delivery Driver – Riverland Farm
Riverland Farm Hiring Part Time Delivery Driver:
This is a key position on the farm centered around wholesale deliveries to multiple locations in Western/Eastern Massachusetts and beyond. In addition to weekly delivery responsibilities this position will also involve equipment operation, buildings/grounds maintenance, and general farm work.
Riverland Farm in Western Massachusetts is an established 50+ acre diversified vegetable operation marketing through several wholesale accounts and a winter CSA. Our Certified Organic farm is seeking highly motivated and eager individuals to fill key positions for the 2019 season.
Runs May 20th – Dec 21st (there will be some additional farm work required when deliveries are light)
- Driving an automatic transmission 16’ Cabover Box Truck or other vehicle on short and long range deliveries.
- Ensuring that truck is running smoothly and is refueled when required. Report any potential issues with the truck to farm owners immediately.
- Making wholesale deliveries at different locations weekly.
- Typical hours will be 6:30 am – 12:30 pm Tuesday and Saturday
5:30 am – 3:30pm Monday and Thursday
- Applicant must have some experience driving a box truck and be able to easily back it up to a loading dock.
- Prior delivery experience dealing with invoices and customers is a plus
- Ideal candidate for this position has driven trucks of this type consistently, is very responsible, and is able to carry out detail oriented tasks with little supervision.
- Experience with a pallet jack is a plus
- Pay starts at $14/ hr.
Please send resume detailing any relevant experience, employment references, and which position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org