Hiring: Production and Farmers’ Market Staff – Fungi Ally
Fungi Ally is a specialty organic mushroom farm in Hadley MA. We grow about 300 lbs of shiitake and oyster mushrooms a week. We primarily sell wholesale in the pioneer valley and vend at two farmers markets. In addition we sell grow kits, spawn, and ready to fruit blocks to other mushroom farms.
We are looking to add another employee starting between April 1 and April 15th. This person would be involved in the daily operations of a mushroom farm and staff the Greenfield farmers market each Saturday. Daily operations include harvesting, lab work, mixing substrate, cleaning, and packing orders.
This role will be a mix of working independently and alongside others. We create a positive workplace that works efficiently and quickly. Ideal candidates are reliable, pay attention to detail, have self awareness, and can work in a fast paced environment while having fun. Bringing balance between efficiency and quality is critical to this job.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to get tasks done
- Capable of giving and receiving feedback
- Interest in learning and teaching others about mushrooms
- Ability to do repetitive tasks
- Capable of working on a small team
- Hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 9-4
- Saturday 6:30-1:30
- Additional weekend events and hours as needed, likely move to fall time in the fall of 2017
- This is a year round job with an expected 1 year commitment.
Pay starts at $11/hr and increases with experience,
To apply please send a resume with references to email@example.com