Hiring: Program Assistant – CISA
Job Opening: Program Assistant
Status: 40 hours a week
Time Frame: Review begins May 12, 2022, position open until filled
Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a nonprofit that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. We run the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® marketing campaign, educate the public about buying local, offer training and support for farmers, and support programs to increase access to local food in our region.
Our team has a range of skills and life experiences and is a mix of trainers, former farmers, communicators, and administrators. We work to build a diverse and resilient food economy with viable farms, fair and just working conditions, strong environmental stewardship, and where local food is accessible and available in all of our communities. We are committed to understanding the history and current impacts of racism in the food system and actively work towards equity. We are committed to recruiting and retaining creative, ethical, smart, and innovative people.
The Program Assistant works with the Technical Assistance and Local Hero teams in implementing programmatic activities that support CISA’s mission. Work includes Local Hero membership enrollment, promotion, communication, and maintenance; as well as logistical support for technical assistance workshops, one-on-one technical assistance, and evaluation. The Program Associate manages the day-to-day activities for this work.
Our ideal candidate will be customer-service oriented and will enjoy connecting farmers and related businesses to the support CISA offers. Our candidate is organized and detail oriented but can see the big picture. Our candidate will have systems to keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines and is persistent when working towards a goal.
- Support Local Hero and technical assistance programs
- Oversee Local Hero enrollment; maintain CISA’s Local Hero member online guide;
- Carry out routine office activities like answering the phone, copying, mail merges and mailings, data entry, spreadsheet and database management;
- Coordinate member communications through monthly emails and alerts;
- Coordinate logistics for technical assistance including outreach and promotional announcements, tracking registrations, coordinating location and food, providing support at workshops, evaluation outreach and tracking; and,
- Work with supervisor to track program accomplishments, evaluations and assist in grant reporting.
- Collaborate with Local Hero team to bring creative and strategic thinking to further CISA’s mission.
- Represent CISA at public events (tabling), program collaborations, and other venues as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
REPORTING and SUPERVISION
This position reports to the Local Hero Manager.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with conducting outreach, networking, and/or sales
- Self-motivated with the ability to collaborate well
- Comfortable organizing lots of details
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets, experience with MS Office suite
- Comfortable (and persistent in) reaching out to people on the phone and over email for deadline driven work
- High school degree/GED or equivalent
- Experience with Airtable or Canva or other web-based applications
- Experience with customer management databases
- Experience with or interest in sustainable agriculture
- Spanish proficiency
Hours and compensation: $18.15-$20.00/hour, depending on experience. This is a 40 hours/week, non-exempt position. Health care, vision, and dental insurance, long-term disability, 401K matching, sick time, holidays, and vacation time are offered. Access to a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
CISA is currently operating with a hybrid office model with at least two days a week in the office and up to three days from home. We allow staff flexibility in their regular schedules and understand that flexibility can support a healthy work-life balance. Occasional travel within CISA’s service area (Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin counties, MA) for member services, communications development, and events will be required.
CISA is an equal opportunity employer. CISA will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with CISA on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please complete applicant questions and attach your resume via our online application form. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. References may be requested. Cover letters are not required and will not be reviewed.