Hiring: Program Assistant – Henry P. Kendall Foundation
The Henry P. Kendall Foundation is seeking a full-time Program Assistant to support all aspects of the Foundation’s programs and operations. The Program Assistant will join the Foundation’s small team to assist in carrying out our regional food systems grantmaking program that seeks to contribute to the creation of a resilient and sustainable food system in New England.
We are seeking a highly motivated and well-organized professional to work closely with the Executive Director and Program Officer to carry out the programmatic goals and operational requirements of the foundation. The Program Assistant has three primary areas of responsibility: operations, grants management and program support, along with special projects as they arise.
- Be the first point of contact for people calling or emailing the Foundation
- Provide support to Executive Director and Program Officer (coordinate schedules and set meetings; draft correspondence)
- Maintain and improve systems to enable smooth functioning of the Foundation’s office
- Process expense reports, prepare invoices for payment, and generate financial reports as requested
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for board meetings
- Participate in annual work-planning
- Maintain website, including writing blog posts and grantee profiles
- Coordinate and manage communications/relationships with consultants currently contracted by the Foundation.
- Provide a high level of customer service for existing and prospective grantees
- Along with Program Officer, maintain grants management system (Foundant) and stay current on best practices with regard to the system
- Coordinate grantee award letter process and communication with grantees
- Precisely track deadlines and grantee reporting requirements
- Conduct preliminary research and field scanning on issues of interest to the Foundation
- Draft grant proposal summaries for board dockets as needed in partnership with Executive Director and Program Officer
- Participate in program evaluation activities
- Attend meetings/site visits/conferences/meet with grantees in the field as needed
- Assist Program Officer in coordination of grantmaking programs, such as New England Food Vision Prize
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years professional experience.
- Highly organized and able to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proven ability to establish organizational and tracking systems and maintain them effectively
- Flexibility – as the Foundation staff is small, responsibilities are varied, so adaptability and flexibility are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation that supports positive partnerships and collegial relationships
- Experience supporting senior level professionals and comfort interacting with members of the HPKF Board of Trustees
- Demonstrated interest in the Foundation’s mission and vision
- Some travel may be required
- Boston, MA based; the Foundation’s offices are located in downtown Boston, and this role will require a mix of in-person and remote work.
Information about the Henry P. Kendall Foundation can be found on our website: www.kendall.org.
To apply: Please fill out our application form here. If you have any questions about the position, or our organization, contact Program Officer Kalila Booker-Cassano at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.