Hiring: Program Coordinator – SEMAP
SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in southeastern Massachusetts through research and education. We serve farms, farmers, and the communities of southeastern Massachusetts with our primary service area covering Bristol, Norfolk, and Plymouth counties.
The Program Coordinator works with the Executive Director to help plan and coordinate workshops and events for several grant-funded projects, as well as support special projects as needed. Full-time, grant-funded position for one year with potential for renewal. Hours are somewhat flexible outside of scheduled meetings.
- Manage programming for multiple SEMAP grants and projects
- Organize educational workshops and events to meet grant objectives
- Coordinate 1:1 technical assistance for beginning farmers and direct market farmers
- Assist with major conference and fundraising events
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, especially local food and sustainable farming.
- Demonstrated experience organizing events or workshops.
- Organization skills, strong verbal and written skills, cordial, energetic and flexible, the ability to proactively manage time, use discretion, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work situation, as well as work alone and self-manage.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must have access to transportation on an intermittent basis, and the ability to telecommute.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google shared documents
- Familiarity with virtual event platforms and/or video production helpful.
Hourly wage: $14.50-$16.00 based on experience
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
email PDF to: email@example.com
Download a PDF of this job posting.
SEMAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.