Hiring: Project Coordinator – Plant Something MA
Plant Something MA seeks an energetic individual to serve as a Project Coordinator to help us grow our green industry consumer marketing and outreach program,. This position offers great variety and the opportunity to work from your own office. A successful candidate will have experience working within a non-profit/committee setting and must have strong computer, organizational and communication skills. Preference will be given to people with experience in the nursery, greenhouse and/or landscape industry and who have strong social media, website and marketing experience.
- Strong organizational skills–ability to juggle several projects at one time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software–MS Word and Excel a MUST
- Independent worker
- Fundraising experience
- Energetic, organized team player
- Positive attitude
- Clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to accept feedback and act on it.
- Experience with social media tools and programs such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Meeting & event participation which will require in-state travel
- Overall maintenance of project, including:
- Meeting coordination, arrangements & facilitation, agenda development
- Project calendar, timeline and copies of all documents
- Summary compilation for association and grant reporting
- Knowledge and familiarity with the green industry
- Executive level administrative experience
- Experience in WordPress and website maintenance
- Marketing experience and skills, including producing press releases
- Grant writing experience and skills
- Availability to start immediately
This is an independent contractor/project-based position (an average of 15 hours a week with the opportunity to grow). Pay based on experience.
Review of applications begins February 10, 2016. Interested applicants please apply by e-mailing cover letter and resume (please include 2 contactable references) to email@example.com – subject line: Project Coordinator