Hiring: Seasonal Kitchen Assistant – Round the Bend Farm
Round the Bend Farm (RTB), a Center for Restorative Community, is located in South Dartmouth,
Massachusetts and is a 115-acre working farm and educational non-profit. We are a living laboratory
that cultivates, educates, and empowers people of all ages. We are devoted to the global paradigm
shift toward hope and abundance by valuing diversity, modeling nature, and redefining wealth. RTB is
seeking an experienced, passionate, and motivated individual to join our team as a Seasonal Kitchen
Assistant. We are accepting applications until May 28, 2021. Anticipated start date of employment is
As Kitchen Assistant, this position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual- someone who is
passionate about RTB’s mission, local food systems, and plant-based foods. This employee will assist
RTB’s Executive Chef & Kitchen Director in all aspects of food preparation and nutrition education as it
pertains to RTB. Please see the list of potential tasks in the draft job description attached below.
The Kitchen Assistant will be expected to keep kitchen work happening at an efficient pace, and to be
extremely flexible in nature. It is expected that this employee will participate in the overall mission of
RTB. This seasonal, full-time position will be demanding and challenging, but also grounding, nourishing
and rewarding work.
The ideal candidate would have at least 1-2 years of kitchen experience, although we are open to
individuals who are quick learners and demonstrate sufficient motivation. As an organization that strives
to value diversity in all that we do, we take care and place extra value in continuing to diversify our team.
Requirements for this position include:
● Commitment to working in the scope of RTB’s mission
● Desire to respect and care for the health of soil, plants, animals and humans
● Desire to participate in and build local, vibrant community
● Highly organized, energetic, strong work ethic, enjoys physical labor
● Dependable, tidy, flexible, personal maturity, mindful self-awareness, and a good sense of humor
● Courage, resilience, an open mind and open heart
● Excellent communication & “people” skills, with the ability to accept direction and guidance
● Ability to work independently and in groups of diverse people
● Proficiency in the use of certain kitchen tools and equipment
● Being willing to contribute to communal living chores (meal preparations, cleaning tasks, etc.)
● Valid driver’s license
● Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
*Note: Preference will be given to candidates who have an active interest in environmental and
social justice issues pertaining to both local and global food systems.
● Salary commensurate with experience, with an estimated hourly rate between $14.50 and $16.00.
Personal factors such as level of education, demonstrated hard & soft skills, history in the industry,
and relevant work experience will all be evaluated.
● RTB may provide room & board and internet access. Housing may include a private place to sleep
(in a tiny house) and a shared kitchen/dining/library space with laundry facilities available. (Please
note: This job is not contingent upon living on the farm. Additional responsibilities to contribute
to the community are required if a candidate decides to live on the farm.)
● Daily meals crafted from delicious, vibrant, farm produce.
● Seasonal employee benefits include worker’s compensation, employee retirement plan, paid
vacation days, wellness days and select holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the questionnaire in the link below and send a letter of interest (telling us about
yourself and detailing your motivations and qualifications for this position), along with a brief resume
and two professional references.
RTB Candidate Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/r7iT75iKrReD8qUA7
Please send materials via email (preferred) to email@example.com, or via snail mail at:
Round the Bend Farm (RTB)
92 Allens Neck Road
South Dartmouth, MA 02748