Hiring: Staff – GoFresh Mobile Market
Go-Fresh Mobile Market – Staff
275 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01104, USA Req #103
Friday, May 10, 2019
For 165 years, the YMCA of Greater Springfield has provided youth development, fostered healthy living, and promoted social responsibility in the 14 cities and towns that it serves. We take pride in being one of the largest non-school educators in the state, one of the top 120 YMCAs in the U.S., and the second oldest Y in the country.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Go-Fresh Mobile Staff is responsible in assisting the program director in the day-to day management and operations of the Go-Fresh Mobile Market.
- Liaison to Partners for a Healthier Community, regulated regulatory agencies and Farmers.
- Administrative tasks related to the mobile market including: Inventory control and ordering from farmers and distributors.
- Assist the program director with the daily sales and cash, reporting and reconciliation as well as certifications, insurances, registrations, and permits and/or all other areas as may be related to general business operations.
- Assist in the operations of the Go-Fresh Mobile Purchase Orders, Credit Card, EBT and SNAP systems.
- Familiarity with the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) Healthy Incentive Program.
This list of responsibilities is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the operational needs.
- Some experience in business, agriculture, or related field.
- Experience with mobile farmer or food markets.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Additional years of professional experience in square point of sale.
- Valid Driver’s License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand for long period of times; move around the work environment independently; communicate via computer, multi-line phone, and smart-phone; and push, pull or lift up to 25 pounds for short periods of time. Employee is exposed to noise and fluctuating temperatures.
This is a temporary position that is funded via grant and partner relationships. Employment is contingent on the availability of these funds and Mobile Market performance. This is position is starting in May and will end in October/November. Please note that the schedule during this time frame will vary between 20 and 40 hours per week.
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, reference check, and new hire packet. In roles where driving is required as an essential function, a driver history check must also be successfully completed.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For more information and to apply, click here.