Hiring: Tractor Operator – Red Fire Farm
Seeking tractor operator to start work by mid-April. At least one season of tractor experience preferred.
- Drive tractors to accomplish daily and weekly lists for field production
- Know farm standards for each kind of tractor work
- Attend to the field and soil conditions that need to be created for different crops
- Work with team to improve or create production systems on the farm
- Keep up basic maintenance and care on tractors and implements
- Participate in irrigation rotation during drought times or for frost protection
Typical hours are 7am – 6pm Monday through Friday with a one-hour lunch, overall less in spring and winter, more in the summer at times. Tractor operators can expect to rotate through some weekend hours. Due to the nature of farming, all crew are expected to be available to work on the holidays that occur during the active farming season, to be on-call during spring and fall frosts, and to be flexible with the length of work days during the season.
Email cover letter outlining applicable experience, resume, and reference to firstname.lastname@example.org