Hiring: Training and Events Coordinator – Mass Farm to School
Massachusetts Farm to School is a statewide organization that facilitates sustainable purchasing relationships between local institutions and local farms, promotes local food and agriculture education for students and supports state, regional and national networking of farm to school practitioners. We envision a time when buying, serving and promoting local foods is ingrained in the fabric of our schools and institutions. Massachusetts Farm to School is a fiscally sponsored by Third Sector New England.
Massachusetts Farm to School is seeking a part-time Training and Events Coordinator who will develop, promote, and implement effective workshops and other training activities targeting institutional food service providers, farmers/fishermen/food producers, distributors, educators and other farm to school stakeholders. This position is responsible for coordinating training events to meet our organization mission and specific project deliverables. The Coordinator will work with Project Directors on content generation and will oversee all outreach, registration, and other logistics for events. The Training & Events Coordinator will also support individualized technical assistance to schools and other institutions where appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with MFTS Staff to prioritize training needs and develop an annual training calendar of events;
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to conduct outreach and communications for all events including conferences and workshops;
- Serve as primary event planner for biennial 400 person statewide conference;
- Provide logistical oversight for events including: planning location, meals, registration and communication with participants before and after the event;
- In partnership with Project Directors, implement effective and engaging workshops targeting key farm to school constituents from school food service directors to farmers;
- Support the Communications Coordinator in developing and updating website content to best meet the training needs of our constituents;
- Manage social media outreach for events;
- Assist MFTS staff with grant reports and proposals related to training and events as needed.
Must be available for occasional statewide travel. Although the hours are flexible, this position may require some occasional night and weekend availability. This position is based remotely within Massachusetts and requires reliable internet and phone connection with occasional in-person staff meetings in western Massachusetts or the metro-Boston area.
- Minimum of three years experience in an organizational setting;
- Familiarity with school food issues and/or New England food systems preferred;
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to interact effectively with diverse constituents both remotely and in-person;
- Engaging public speaker with experience facilitating workshops or other adult learning activities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and careful attention to detail;
- Experience with event planning;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Self-starter who can work well with limited supervision and work effectively as part of a team;
- Commitment to the mission of Massachusetts Farm to School.
Salary for this non-benefitted, eighteen hours a week position is $20,000 – $23,000 annually.
We strongly encourage online applications.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Apply by mail to:
Third Sector New England
Attn: Employment Manager
89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or send by fax to: 617.896-9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE and Mass Farm to School will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran or disability status.