Hiring: Washroom Management Position – Riverland Farm
Riverland Farm in Western Massachusetts is an established 35 acre diversified vegetable operation marketing through a robust CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program as well as several wholesale accounts. Our Certified Organic farm is seeking highly motivated and eager individuals to fill key positions for the 2016 season. Please send resume detailing any relevant experience, employment references, and which position you are applying for to Rob Lynch at email@example.com
We strongly prefer applicants with prior farm experience.
Runs March 28th– Nov 21st with possibility to continue into December
- Washroom management. Including overseeing of and implementation of washing, processing, and packing all farm produce in our modern and mechanized pack house.
- Harvest record keeping
- Maintaining inventory of washroom and packaging supplies
- This will involve management of a small crew of helpers that may change on a daily basis.
- Managing the washroom requires keeping quality control, cleanliness, and food safety a priority for all workers involved in the process.
- This position requires strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance.
- Ability to make the washroom run efficiently and keep the coolers organized is at the center of this critical farm responsibility.
- In addition to management of the washroom, the employee in this position will also participate in field and greenhouse work as necessary when washroom activities are not being carried out.
- Prior experience handling vegetables, pallet jacks, and flow and organization of materials preferred.
- Pay starts at $11/hr