Hiring: Wholesale and Packing House Manager – Atlas Farm
Atlas Farm is a 95-acre, certified organic, vegetable farm located in Deerfield, MA. We are hiring for a Wholesale and Packing House Manager to start immediately.
- assessing crop availability and communicating with wholesale customers via phone and email
- compiling orders and creating invoices
- coordinating harvests with crew leaders and other farm management
- managing all crop packing in our main packing house and managing a packing house crew of 3-10 people and a full time assistant
- maintaining all packing house supplies and equipment including walk-in coolers and off-site crop storage
- and coordinating all deliveries and pick-ups including supervising one full-time delivery driver.
This position requires strong organizational skills, experience in handling produce in a wholesale environment (specifically vegetable crops), strong management skills, and excellent communication skills. This is a year-round position requiring up to 60 hours per week during the main season (May-January) decreasing to 30 hours per week during the slower season (February-April) and is well-suited to someone looking for a job with long-term potential. Compensation is commensurate with experience. For a full job description and to apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.