Have you ever struggled to understand how to successfully price your meat products? The basis of any profitable business strategy is good record keeping and understanding your costs. Join NC Choices Technical Coordinator Lee Menius as we explore the basics of understanding your farm’s financial goals, records, and how to use that understanding to evaluate new enterprises and pricing.
In this session we will cover:
- Determining financial goals
- Understanding fixed & variable costs
- Understanding cash flow versus net worth
- Understanding the basics of marketing and selecting farm enterprises
- How to incorporate all of these to set a pricing structure that works for your operation
This should lead into the information that participants will need to have and understand for Matt LeRoux’s presentation on the price calculator.
The next workshop in this series is the Profitable Meat Pricing workshop. See here for more information on this workshop and the Profitable Meat Pricing Workshop.
See here for other CISA programs for farmers.
REGISTER HERE for this workshop and/or the Profitable Meat Pricing Workshop.