- This event has passed.
Catalyzing Agroforestry in the Hudson Valley and Beyond
June 9, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Farmers, land stewards, agricultural professionals, climate leaders, and policy makers are invited to connect with each other to grow support for agroforestry as a natural climate solution, both locally in the Hudson Valley more widely throughout the country.
Agroforestry, or the intentional integration of trees on farmland, is recognized as a key agricultural climate change solution by Project Drawdown. Agroforestry and tree crops can also:
- Improve farm profitability & grow rural economies
- Increase biodiversity
- Improve water quality
- Increase beauty on farms and improve farmer mental health
Our program includes:
- Presentation & discussion on agroforestry, centered on key issues and opportunities related to the scaling of agroforestry as a natural climate solution
- Farm tour through working organic orchard (optional)
- Opportunities to get involved as a farmer, land steward, or ag professional
- Great food and & drink provided in a beautiful location
When: Friday June 9th from 1 to 3PM
Location: Stone Ridge Orchard is a 200-year-old historic working farm on 115 acres growing organic apples and fruit for cider.
This event will take place in an outdoor venue with access to shade and bathroom facilities. Please come dressed to protect against sun, poison ivy, and/or ticks.