SNAP & Save
What is the SNAP & Save program?
Use your EBT card at participating farmers’ markets, and we’ll match what you spend up to $10 every week. That means that if you swipe your EBT card for $10 at a local farmers’ market, you’ll get $20 worth of tokens to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables. It’s a great deal!
Don’t see your favorite local farmers’ market below? That probably means they’ve switched over to the Healthy Incentives Program, which offers an instant dollar-for-dollar match on SNAP spent on fruits and vegetables at farmers markets, farm stands, mobile markets, and CSAs. Find up-to-date info on HIP availability here.
How does SNAP & Save Work?
- Visit any participating farmers’ market (see below).
- Shop around and decide how much you want to spend from your SNAP benefits.
- Swipe your EBT card (just like at a supermarket) at the market managers’ booth (look for a sign!).
- Get tokens instead of cash for the amount you chose — plus up to $10 in extra tokens.
- Use your tokens that same day to buy fruit, vegetables, and more at the market.
Participating Farmers’ Markets
You can SNAP & Save at the following farmers’ markets:
Belchertown Farmers’ Market
Belchertown Town Common
June 11 to October 8
no market 9/24
Bernardston Farmers’ Market
Bernardston United Church parking lot
May 27 to September 30
Turners Falls Farmers’ Market
Corner of Avenue A and 2nd Street
Next to Great Falls Discovery Center
May 3 to October 25
Springfield Central Downtown
Tower Square Park
1447 Main Street
May 19 to October 27
700 State Street
July 8 to October 28
Who’s involved, and how can I help?
Join us in supporting SNAP matching by making a tax deductible donation today! Visit participating markets or make an online gift today.