Making it Happen: Profitability and Success Workshop Series
Where do you want your farm, fishing, or food processing business to be in the next 5, 10, 25 years and beyond?
The Carrot Project wants to see you thriving and we aim to help you make it happen.
- “Will I pay my bills?”
- “Is my price the right price?”
- “Should I add a new product line?”
- “Is a capital investment worth it?”
In partnership with CISA The Making It Happen: Profitability and Success Workshop series for farmers and food processors in January 2020 will give you the financial management toolbox needed to answer these questions confidently and improve your business decision making and profitability. This interactive course presents four tools — cash flow budgeting, scenario planning, enterprise budgeting, and sensitivity analysis — that “are fundamental and work well together to provide a comprehensive toolbox,” according to a 2018 course participant.
The training is intended for producers with at least one year of operating experience and is approved as a USDA Farm Service Agency borrower training in Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. Participants in these areas receive registration priority.
- Prerequisite online videos that take about 30 minutes (to ensure all participants have the basics to participate fully in the class)
- Two four-hour in-person sessions to learn and apply skills to case studies
- One on-line session to practice using your own numbers
- One-on-one business technical assistance for those interested in follow up
- A financial management calendar and webinar.
The calendar is designed to help farmers carve out reasonable times to manage critical financial work.
Participants will need an internet enabled device, and for the online meeting, a microphone and webcam. CISA has space available for you at their offices if you do not have adequate internet service for the on-line session.
- Thursday, January 9, 12-4 pm
- Thursday, January 16, 12-4 pm
- Snow date: January 23, 12-4 pm
- January 30, 12-4 pm
Cost to attend full series: $25.00 which includes lunch
This is material is based upon work supported by USDA/NIFA under Award Number 2018-70027-28588