Local Ingredients for School Lunches: Pizza Roll-Up, Veggies, and Watermelon Lunch
Pizza Roll-Up, Veggies & Watermelon Lunch
Recipe From EatingWell: March/April 2009 – with minor tweaks
This easy pizza-inspired roll-up is a kid-pleaser! Keep ’em smiling with watermelon cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
1 serving | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce homemade or store bought
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- Slices of zucchini
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cucumber spears
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 2 tablespoons low-fat creamy dressing (see ranch dressing recipe at the bottom of the recipe list)
- 1 cup small watermelon pieces
- Place tortilla on a plate and spread pizza sauce over it. Top with an even layer of spinach and zucchini (or other toppings your kids like) and sprinkle cheese on top. Heat in the oven (or microwave on High until the cheese is just melted, about 45 seconds) until the cheese is melted. Carefully roll the tortilla up. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces, if desired. Pack the slices in a container.
- Pack cucumber and carrots in another container. Nestle a small, dip-size container among the vegetables and add dressing.
- Pack watermelon
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the pizza roll-up for up to 1 day.